Sr Staff Analog Engineer
Chandler, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Typically, 2-6+ years’ experience
- Strong competence with various Cadence analog-mixed signal simulation tools and procedures, reaching specialist level.
- Ability to lead pre-design feasibility studies and system modelling efforts and provide specifications and design of new DC-DC converters.
- Ability to manage and oversee top-level simulation and verification to ensure first-time-right design success.
- Ability to develop new techniques to apply to the designs of power management integrated circuits and improve their performance.
- Ability to work with minimal instruction- either independently or collaboratively
- Ability to make good judgment in selecting method/technique for obtaining solutions.
- Able to confidently share own expertise and work to others
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced team members
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Lead a project from chip definition to mass production
- Analog design and technical project leadership of integrated circuit development
- Design, verification and simulation of CMOS analog blocks for power management circuits including voltage references, bias circuits, comparators and amplifiers meeting performance, area and power specifications
- Collaborate with block leads to achieve system and design strategy for power management products.
- Guide layout team to ensure quality of layout of own design.
- Drive silicon debugging and design characterisation
- Drive Lab evaluation in collaboration with Applications Engineers for own design.
- Produce high quality documentation for own IP blocks
- Working closely with DFT engineers to ensure that own blocks follow existing strategy and implementation for DFT.
- Work closely with test and product engineers to support test development and ramp to production
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Contribute to schematic and layout block level reviews for blocks initially designed by others.
- Take technical leadership for sub-systems and driving them from specification to production ramp
- Interpret requirement specifications to achieve system and design strategy for power management products
- Take proactive approach to driving own development plan, utilising team members and internal development opporunities