Senior Application Engineer - Motor Control
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Application Engineer, our office bases are located in Central and Southern Europe and we operate flexibly with office visits twice a month. There will be regular travel within Europe, and occasional travel to other global locations such as USA or Japan for training and seminars.
This unique opportunity will be to work in the Microcontroller (MCU) Application Engineering team where your focus will be to support the specialised technology areas of Motor Control and Industrial Automation, supporting MCU based solutions using Renesas RL78, RX and RA families across EMEA region.
- Provide Application Engineering support to Renesas customers on all aspects of 16 and 32-bit MCU solutions related to Motor Control and Industrial Automation, leading to design wins.
- Work closely with the Renesas Marketing, Business Development, Field Application Engineering and Sales teams to provide detailed technical support during promotion and design-in activities.
- Specify and develop custom motor control solutions and proof-of-concepts to meet the expectations of customers and partners.
- Manage technical projects with internal development teams, partners and external design houses.
- Create and deliver technical training on Renesas solutions and devices with customers, sales teams, and distributors.
- Participate in Design Reviews of MCU-based boards, systems, and firmware/software.
- Assist in HW and SW development, bring-up and debugging.
- Work with Product Marketing and Business Development teams to ensure alignment with product requirements and project objectives.
- Implement engineering processes to ensure high quality support and designs.
Experience and skills required:
- 5+ years of experience in developing MCU-based embedded products and systems.
- Good knowledge of Motor Control theory and implementation is essential.
- Experience of Industrial Automation technologies is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
- Solid embedded programming experience [using C language] is a MUST.
- Good understanding of schematic and hardware design related to microcontrollers.
- Experience of analogue and power circuit design and implementation, including inverters and power conversion is an advantage.
- Board bring-up and debugging of complex MCU based products/systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory, as customer interfacing will be a significant aspect of the job.
- Must be a self-motivated team player who is able to take direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate effectively.
Education: Batchelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Masters preferred. Or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation technologies such as EtherCAT, IO-link and FuSA.
- Key technologies including Low Power, Security and Safety
- Experience working with remote teams.
So if you are working in a similar role and looking for an exciting new challenge, or maybe you are a Design Engineer, Product Support Engineer or Field Application Engineer looking for the next step, then this could be just what you are looking for!
Please apply and we will be in touch if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.