Sr Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
System Field Application Engineer (FAE) – ADAS/AD EMEA
What to expect
As System Field Application Engineer (FAE) for ADAS/AD application in EMEA region you will play a major role in the expansion of our market-leading analog, power, sensing and digital products by providing outstanding application engineering support to our customers. You will also play a key role in the definition of the next generation of Renesas Automotive Products working closely to the customer engineering teams and to Renesas application engineering and marketing teams.
In your new role you will:
- Drive the design-in activities of the complete automotive product portfolio in ADAS/AD applications in EMEA region.
- Define new products in close cooperation with our innovative customers and our internal technical marketing and applications teams.
- Act as a technical interface and consult our customers during the development of all automotive applications with particular focus on OEMs.
- Derive customer system requirements and market trends to develop system value propositions together with internal interfaces (Product Marketers, Application Engineers, System Architects).
- Build a good understanding of different ADAS/AD product architectures and partner ecosystem (camera, perception, sensor etc.) to suggest/guide customers, to arrive at an optimal system design.
- Actively manage projects together with the Sales and Marketing departments to achieve design-in targets for the complete Renesas automotive product portfolio.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the customer engineering departments with particular focus on OEMs.
- Support global and regional innovation projects and cross-functional teams.
- Proactively connect with global cross-functional teams, expand your internal network and share your experience to drive global business expansion.
- Lead technical discussions with System Architects and Application Engineering experts to jointly define application roadmaps and product technical requirements.
- Collaborate internally with Application Engineers and Product Marketers and externally with local and global partners to develop documentation (fighting guides, application notes, whitepapers) and system demonstrators combining software and hardware.
- Provide applications’ trainings to FAE, Sales, Distributors and customers.
- Present Renesas’ technologies, products and applications in technical seminars.
You actively listen to your business partners and enjoy building trustful relationships. You set yourself ambitious goals, make use of the knowledge of your team members and share your know-how. Furthermore, you keep profitability in mind and are able to prioritize your technical activities from a commercial point of view.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field of studies.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience, especially including 5+ years of experience in ADAS/AD applications.
- Experienced in HW/SW development of automotive applications preferrable at Automotive Tier-1s or OEMs.
- Understand automotive system technical requirements and propose optimized products and solutions.
- Profound knowledge about semiconductors including SoC, MCU, Analog & Power products.
- Good understanding of automotive communication interfaces like Ethernet (AVB/TSN), CANFD, LIN, USB 2.0/3.0, PCIe, SerDes etc. This is key to identifying constraints w.r.t interconnects within and external to the ECU.
- Experience in building systems with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity will be preferable.
- Motivated to initiate and drive projects to completion with an open mind for working in an international environment.
- Basic knowledge of development and manufacturing costs for commercial evaluation of the best system solution to propose to customers.
- Leadership skills to set direction for the development of projects and ability to negotiate optimal solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and English skills.
To Make Our Lives Easier
Renesas culture: "Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, Entrepreneurial."
At Renesas we continuously strive to drive innovation with a comprehensive portfolio of microcontrollers, analog and power devices. Our mission is to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world by providing intelligence to our four focus growth segments: Automotive, Industrial, Infrastructure, and IoT that are all vital to our daily lives, meaning our products and solutions are embedded everywhere.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.