DevOps Engineer (Atlassian tools)
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Job Purpose & Dimensions: (1 or 2 sentences explaining why the job exists and what it needs to achieve)
- Given the organic growth of our enterprise, we do have the need to establish a central pool of tools, with a standardized way of using them in development, in order to assure development excellence, a high standard of quality and reuse across our SW assets, and investment efficiency in SW Tools, particularly in the area of open-source code security vulnerabilities, and code-quality risks derived from it.
- Work closely with SW development teams who are using JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket tool, and manage the tool to be used in a managed fashion in order to provide business added value
- Be the main point of contact regarding the Atlassian tools suite.
- Administer and support the existing deployment of JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
- Offer support to the Atlassian user community from Renesas with the tool usage, as well as organizing regular internal trainings.
- Maintain documentation related to the tool’s usage, and continuously improve it
- Monitor the usage, maintain and continuously improve the tool deployment, the method to use it, and the tool architecture in order to maximize the performance of the tool and the added value.
- Assess the tool usage by the teams, and actively pursue to onboard new teams in the tool, in order to take advantage of the existing opportunity
Key Performance Measures
- Tool uptime and performance of the service
- Scalable architecture of new tool, with a ‘state-of-the-art’ level of security
- Business needs are properly acknowledged, managed and implemented.
- Regular training sessions for the new users of the service, and increased number of users of the tool
- Ablility and willingness to learn new skills over time which are required for the job
- Integrate into the existing team and be a team player
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in tech. industry
- Expert knowledge in the Atlassian tools.
- Processed Methods & Tools background would be an advantage
- Experience with version control systems: GIT and SVN
- Scripting experience in Linux environments preferrable
- General experience in Linux administration
- Deep understanding of the state-of-the-art SW development methodologies and best practices;
- Bachelor or Master degree with relevant background (Computer, IT, Science,…)
- Business fluent in English