Sr Product Marketing Specialist
Job Type: Sr Product Marketing Specialist
Travel Required: Yes
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The MPU Embedded Processor team is seeking a motivated and experienced business development or product marketing manager. This person will play a pivotal role in helping our sales force drive Renesas RZ MPU adoption into the American market, specifically focusing on the Industrial Automation segment. We are looking for an individual with prior success in helping driving business growth, by creating development plans and establishing and developing relationships with internal Sales & FAEs, customers, suppliers, distributors, and ecosystem partners.
What your day looks like:
- Manage, monitor, and nurture the MPU design-in opportunity funnel and track designs to revenue
- Assist sales team to directly engage with customers and pitch Renesas MCU products
- Work with distribution partners to engage mass market customers, either directly at the branch level or through online virtual events.
- Develop plans and go-to-market strategies to increase mindshare with sales and customers that generate business and uncover new segments and target markets Renesas should pursue
- Train and develop field teams continuously on new products for awareness and competitive advantages
- Continuously provide customer feedback to enhance product roadmap
- Act as the voice of Renesas microcontrollers at trade shows, events, symposiums and panels
- Develop webcasts, webinars, white papers, short video/series, blogs and other content to be distributed through internal and external mediums
- 5+ years of experience in direct customer sales roles as product marketing, or business development manager
- Broad understanding of the embedded microcontroller and microprocessing market required
- Strong selling and presentation skills a must
- First-hand experience selling and engaging with North American semiconductor distributors highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to clearly articulate requests and influence decisions
- Well organized with attention to detail, accuracy and target audience
- Able to creatively problem solve business and engineering challenges, many times concurrently
- Fluent in Salesforce, Model N or similar CRM/revenue management system
- Travel across US and Canada required (~30%) with infrequent international travel
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in electrical/electronic/computer engineering
- MBA degree desired
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.