Cloud Engineer, AI Solutions
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to support our Machine Learning Core and AI Systems teams. In this role, the Cloud Engineer works closely with our machine learning engineers on the infrastructure side to design, develop, deploy, and manage infrastructure and tools that will help internal and external research scientists, software, and hardware engineers.
Our mission is to use the latest machine learning and cloud technologies to develop the best AI inference for self-driving vehicle and advanced driver safety engineers. Renesas is the leading automotive electronics supplier globally, and this is a rare opportunity to deploy your AI software to the billions of devices we ship to customers every year. You will join our newly formed AI Solutions global research and development organization of around 100 software engineers. Due to strong demand for our AI-related products we are planning to triple in size in the next three years, so there is lots of room for you to help us grow the team together while remaining small. Our key locations are the Tokyo, London, Dusseldorf, and Ho Chi Minh City metro areas, but you can also join fully remotely from other locations globally or get our support to relocate to our key location hubs such as Tokyo.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage cloud-based AI software for our self-driving vehicle customers.
- Leverage cloud native technologies and environments (GitHub/GitLab, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc) to deploy our products on our multiple cloud provider infrastructures (Amazon Web Services etc).
- Design the implementation and management of our AI solutions using the latest cloud technologies to make our internal and customer engineer’s life easier and meet their AI workflow needs.
- Collaborate with research scientists, software engineers and business owners to align cloud engineering requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate with teams outside your organization to manage cross functional dependencies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or related field.
- Experience in C/C++, Python, or other related programming language
- 3 years’ experience with software engineering, including working with one or more cloud environments.
- 2 years’ experience deploying applications working with cloud technologies (eg Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform) on one or more cloud providers (eg Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiar with concepts of machine learning, data science or AI frameworks (eg TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch, Pandas), and ML tools (eg Weights and Biases, MLFlow).
- Ability to speak and write in English at a business level.