Staff Application Engineer
Job Purpose and Dimensions:
Being part of the Connectivity & Audio technical support team, the person is responsible for providing expert technical software support to customers and the Renesas Field Application Engineers.
The person must be an expert in embedded software on ARM microcontrollers and familiar with Keil or Eclipse IDE and debugging tools. This position requires a senior engineer who can take a responsible role in larger customer projects and act as an interface to internal Renesas development teams as well as to its design partners and customers.
- Direct interface to engineers at the customer and Renesas design partners
- Training to: customers, internal FAE’s, Design houses
- Software problem solving, debugging
- Contribute to product manuals and collateral.
- Keep web portal, forum and FAQ sheet up to date
- Familiar with bug tracking databases and sw release procedures
- World wide travelling ~10-20%
Key Performance Measures:
- Meet the group targets for ticket resolution (Time open to close, % of ticket which need R&D involvement)
- Customer satisfaction level
- Generated output in documentation and training material
- The number of SW examples created
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in customer support of wireless IC’s preferably Bluetooth (low Energy)
- Key skills: Wireless protocols, hands-on Embedded C on ARM cortex microprocessors,
- Debugging skill, Knowledge of low level drivers (UART, SPI, I2C)
- Experience with different IDEs (Keil, IAR, Eclipse).
- Strong communication skills, Direct interface to engineers at the customer, understanding their needs, must be able to build and maintain good internal and external relations.
Engineering degree in Computer science or Electronics
Internal Renesas: Field application engineers, Development team, Architects, Marketing
External: engineering team at key customers
Reporting to: Team Lead Technical Support Athens
Direct reports: none
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.