Staff System Engineer (Radar)
Essential Functions :
· Develop and code digital signal processing modules for improved Detection/estimation capabilities of radar (preferably in Python) – including range, Doppler, Angle of arrival estimation.
· Enhance radar perception algorithms using the latest from the world of clustering, vehicle tracking, object classification, pose estimation, etc.
· Integrate, maintain and test radar signal processing stack
· Develop and maintain automation framework for verification of the processing stack
Required Education and Experience:
· BTech/MTech/MS/PhD with 2-20 years of industrial experience.
· Good knowledge of signal processing concepts and estimation-detection theory.
· Good understanding of system specifications and the ability to work the signal
· processing chain from the RF to analog and to the digital baseband domain.
· Experience with development in Python, C, C++.
· Hands-on experience in conducting lab experiments. Knowledge of test parameters and test equipment; oscilloscope, VNA, spectrum/signal analyzers.
· Must possess good communication and presentation skills and the desire to be part of a dynamic team.
· Follow rigorous work flow practices including design review; documentation of the work.
Nice to haves:
· Exposure to MIMO radar signal processing – spectral estimation, compressive sensing, sparse signal processing.
· Exposure to building perception software for LiDAR/Radar – including but not limited to spatial clustering and object tracking
· Experience in parallelizing algorithms over GPU architectures
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.