Field Applications Engineer Intern
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics. For more information about Renesas, please visit https://jobs.renesas.com/
This is an Intern position for a qualified individual to work under a senior level Field Applications Engineer in Renesas’ Sales Organization.
- Assist with the development of new customer designs, perform technical reviews, provide analysis and troubleshooting efforts and conduct new product evaluations.
- Extensive hands-on supporting the local lab will be required. Efforts will be focused on understanding and demonstrating Renesas’ value proposition and solving technical concerns in order to ensure that the customer uses Renesas products.
- Additional responsibilities include product characterization, design simulations and competitive analysis.
- As the engineer gains knowledge, skill and experience, the role will evolve to take on additional responsibility of a Field Applications Engineer.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Ability to interface with customers to solve customer problems.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are a must.
Must be able to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.