Group Digital Manager
Job Title: Digital Group Manager
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom / Hybrid position
Career Level: Advanced Professional
Job Purpose and Dimensions:
- Manage the Digital Design team in terms of costs, methods and staffing to support device / silicon design requirements and to meet design timescales as set by program schedule.
- Support the Engineering Director for planning and execution of projects and resource allocation.
- Ensure regular contact and communication with relevant teams / people to support your objectives.
- Working with Senior Management to develop annual budget.
- Interpreting Requirements Specifications in collaboration with the Digital Lead Designers to develop system and design strategies for Power Management products.
- Digital design and technical leadership of integrated circuit developments projects when appropriate.
- Ensure best practises are followed within the design team.
- Represent the team towards the Corporate Engineering group.
- Mentor direct reports and review technical performance regularly.
Key Performance Measures:
• Digital system/ block specification derived from customer or system architect requirements complete, system/architecture and design strategy defined to fulfil cost, area and power requirements. Re-use considerations where applied during the whole specification process.
• Complex, innovative digital systems are satisfying customer requirements, and mature for profitable mass production.
• Document and log all design work.
• Quality of mentoring measured through outcomes in individual and team performance.
• Accurate documentation and log all design work.
• Commercial approach to chip design and architecture (reuse vs innovation).
• Uses judgement within defined design guidelines and PDP to determine best action.
• Drives and implements continuous improvement in own and Renesas procedures, methodologies and processes.
• Raises issues in a timely manner and delivers commercial solution.
• Quality of design and simulation in line with expectations in Principal accountabilities.
• Awareness of “TAGIE” and follow principals throughout work.
• Demonstrates good team spirit both in own team and cross functional teams.
• Proactively seeks improvements in technical and non-technical skills and knowledge through self-development, course attendance and on the job training.
• Significant contribution to projects, programs and business initiatives through creativity and ingenuity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Typically 10+ years electronics experience in one of the following areas: wireless handheld; specifically audio and power management; consumer displays; automotive body electronics
- Interpreting Requirements Specifications in collaboration with the Digital Lead Designers to develop system, design and verification strategies for Power Management products
- Ensure best practices are followed within the Design team
- Represent the team towards the Corporate Engineering group
- Support the Engineering Director for planning and execution of projects and resource allocation
- Mentor direct reports and review technical performance regularly
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with, high-level knowledge and expertise in conflict management
• Degree level qualification in Electronics Engineering or a related discipline typically required.
- Internal interaction with the PMIC Analog/Apps/Layout teams, QA department, Test department, Product Engineering and the business unit
- External interaction with the Renesas customers and suppliers
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.