System Manager for Automotive Digital Key
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
We have a great opportunity for a pro-active and results-oriented System Manager for Automotive Digital Key (f/m/d) to join us here at Renesas in UK or Europe or USA.
To further strengthen our Automotive Analog and Power product portfolio within our European Automotive Team, we are looking for an experienced System Engineer for Digital Key application (f/m/d), with focus on CCC Systems (BLE+UWB+NFC).
Main target is to define system level requirements for the emerging CCC Digital Key application, which should be compiled to product definition including technical and commercial targets.
- Responsible for the Product Portfolio definition and roadmap creation for UWB business.
- Development of top-level system architecture of Automotive Passive Keyless systems, with special focus on UWB.
- Responsible to define the feature set of next generation IC including specification definition of key parameters and perform system estimations for this application in cooperation with the engineering team.
- Conduct competitive analysis and internal positioning of roadmap devices.
- Think ahead on future needs and drive early lookahead activities -Process, Package, IP, Test and Architecture.
- Perform Proof of Concept validation in cooperation with the laboratory team.
- Evaluation of lowest Bill-of-Material for our customers by leveraging technical integration versus simplified functionality.
- Overall System partitioning to optimize the different components for the key factors, like cost, power consumption and performance.
- Communicate with customers, field application engineers and design team to understand market requirements, technical automotive needs, trends and more.
- Work in an interdisciplinary and cross-site project team in a global organization.
- Author articles for publication in trade magazines and journals, application notes and whitepapers.
- Provide technical training to field team and customers.
Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor and above degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with min. 7 years relevant job experience in the field of passive keyless entry systems.
- SoC design and Software engineering background is preferred.
- Experience in Automotive field.
- Openness to travel.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills, creativity and analytic thinking.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Beside very good technical knowhow the skills to drive projects, handle issues is highly relevant. Agility and entrepreneurial thinking are bases of every action.
Please apply and we will be in touch if you have the relevant skills and experience.