DevOps Staff Engineer - Quality Tools (SonarQube, Klocwork & BlackDuck)
Job Purpose & Dimensions
- Given the organic growth of our enterprise, we do have the need to establish a central pool of tools, with a standardized way of using them in development, in order to assure development excellence, a high standard of quality and reuse across our SW assets, and investment efficiency in SW Tools, particularly in the area of static code analysis tools and source code scanners.
- Work closely with SW development teams who are using static code analysis tools, and manage the tool to be used in a managed fashion in order to provide business added value.
- Be the main point of contact regarding the static code analysis tools.
- Administer and support the existing deployment of the Quality Tools – particularly SonarQube & Klocwork.
- Offer support to the SonarQube & Klocwork user community with the tool usage, as well as organizing regular internal trainings.
- Maintain documentation related to the tool’s usage, and continuously improve it.
- Monitor the usage, maintain and continuously improve the tool deployment, the method to use it, and the tool architecture in order to maximize the performance of the tool and the added value
- Assess the tool usage by the teams, and actively pursue to onboard new teams in the tool, in order to take advantage of the existing opportunity
Key Performance Measures
- Tool uptime and performance of the service
- Scalable architecture of new tool, with a ‘state-of-the-art’ level of security
- Business needs are properly acknowledged, managed and implemented.
- Regular training sessions for the new users of the service, and increased number of users of the tool.
- Ablility and willingness to learn new skills over time which are required for the job
- Integrate into the existing team and be a team player
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in tech. industry
- Expert knowledge in the SW Quality tools: Static Code Analysis tools, SW Composition Analysis tools or other source code scanners.
- Processes, Methods & Tools background would be an advantage
- Experience with version control systems: GIT and SVN
- Scripting experience in Linux environments preferrable
- General experience in Linux administration
- Experience with SonarQube & Klocwork tools could be an advantage
- Expert knowledge in the SW Quality toolchain;
- Deep understanding of the state-of-the-art SW development methodologies and best practices;
- Bachelor or Master degree with relevant background (Computer, IT, Science,…)
- Business fluent in English
- Keep a close contact with the IT and SW development teams
- Teamspirit & Teamplayer
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.