About The Job
The Renesas’ Kits and Solutions team are looking for an aspiring Electronics Engineer to join us for a 12 month placement and evolve with our company. Collaborating within a small team from a wide range of backgrounds, you will develop 'Out of The Box' products and solutions that span a wide range of skills including schematic design, embedded software, microcontroller hardware testing and customer facing documentation. We ensure that our products are designed and tailored to high standards, delivered on time while maintaining appropriate control of the product costs. Through this, we have accrued an industry leading reputation for product excellence.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Negotiating, assessing and reviewing detailed and accurate requirements for embedded development of solutions with our customers and sponsors.
- Designing, developing and debugging both embedded software and hardware PCB solutions.
- Design & development of customer facing demonstration code and device drivers using embedded C language.
- Creating embedded hardware design including schematic capture and supervising PCB layout design.
- Interacting with marketing, verification and world-wide development teams including front line support engineers and other interested parties throughout the product life cycle.
- Generating high-quality user documentation to support our products.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- Experience a variety of projects and tasks to cultivate your knowledge to drive your own development.
- Be motivated by challenges and strive for the best through communicating and sharing experiences.
Your Skills and Requirements
- Studying a degree in Electronics Engineering or relevant degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Software experience in C and a passion to learn more.
- Awareness of schematic design methods and constraints.
- Some knowledge of Microcontroller and Microprocessor functionality and programming such devices at a low level.
- Aspiration and commitment to growing into a rounded professional Embedded Development Engineer.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.