Field Applications Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world.
Our FAE Team is looking for a talented EE graduate to join our team as a Field Application Engineering Intern in our Farmington Hills office. Our team works on promoting Renesas products and supporting our customers in their product designs with our solutions. The successful candidate will work directly with Sr Manager of FAE of Analog & Power products. A new team member working with our team can expect to learn Renesas Design-In process, customer interface and product development support.
- Support the design-in activities of Automotive Analog and Power products in the Americas
- Help to define new products in close cooperation with our innovative customers and our internal technical marketing and applications teams
- Act as a technical interface and consult our customers during the development of automotive applications
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the customer engineering departments
- Perform measurements in our laboratory within the scope of actual customer projects and share your know-how.
- Last semesters of Electrical Engineering, BSEE or MSEE
- School or research projects related to RF (Bluetooth, BLE, UWB, Wi-Fi, RADAR) or Automotive power (xEV systems, IGBT Modules and SiC systems)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as customer interface is a significant aspect of the job; personable, with ability to develop rapport and trust with customers and colleagues alike.
- Excellent reading skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of simulation, programming and debugging is a plus.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.