Functional Safety Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure, and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Location: Milpitas, CA
Summer for: Spring or Summer
The Functional Safety Engineer Intern is a key player in ensuring product safety for our automotive customers. They will apply ISO 26262, within a multidisciplinary engineering team that develops ICs for the automotive industry.
- Ensure ISO26262 requirements are met throughout the product development phases.
- Communicate and coordinate with Customer Safety Engineers.
- Interpret customer safety requirements.
- Develop and review the system safety architectures
- Derive the Functional and Technical Safety Concepts for each product (FSC and TSC).
- Perform the system safety analyses (e.g. FMEA, FMEDA, and FTA).
- Define tests for verification and validation of safety requirements.
- Generate Functional Safety Work Products that meet ISO26262 Work Product quality requirements
- Education: Minimum Senior year of Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering only
- Knowledge of ISO26262 standards for Hardware Development
- Excellent knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuits
- Knowledge of semiconductor IC design flows & tools (analog/digital/Mixed-Signal)
- Knowledge of the principles of Systems and Safety Engineering per ISO 26262
- Experience with Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous problem-solving skills
- Flexible & Agile
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.