Application Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The System and Solutions Team (SST) is looking for a talented electrical or computer engineering student to join our team in Summer 2024 as an applications engineer in our Milpitas, CA office. Our team works on developing complete systems and proof-of-concept solutions that enable our customers to turn their product visions into reality.
The successful candidate will work directly with our system architects and engineers during their internship. An intern working with the team can expect to learn how to build a complete demo application and solution, read and analyze hardware schematics, and develop embedded software during their time with our team.
- Development of prototype firmware
- Document software and build processes
- Work with system architects to productize PoC solutions
- Integrate sample code and document the process
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Electrical OR Computer Engineering with Junior (3 years) standing or higher
- Experience with C/C++ required.
- Understanding of communications standards like UART, RS485, I2C, SPI, USB
- Prior experience reading hardware schematics and debugging with logic analyzers is a plus.
• $30.25 - $ 41.25 hourly salary range. (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
• Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
• Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.