Field Applications Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics. For more information about Renesas, please visit Jobs @ Renesas.
The IoT/Consumer Field Applications Engineering team is looking for a talented Electrical or Computer Engineering student to join our team this Summer as an FAE intern in our Milpitas/San Jose office. Our team can be thought of as ‘Technical Sales’ and works on designing in Renesas solutions in cutting edge consumer products . The successful candidate will work directly with IoT/Consumer FAEs and Sales teams during their internship. An intern working with the team can expect to learn the consumer market, effective communication with customers and internal teams, researching and learning Power management, mixed signal data processing along with other technical learning during their time with our team.
- Provide on-site and off-site support in both reactive and proactive modes for key customers and the Renesas Sales team.
- Candidate will meet with customers and use our Renesas products, to cultivate and convert design opportunities, position Renesas products, demonstrate technology, address customer obstacles and advance opportunities to design wins.
- Candidate will regularly support customers as they work through system related bring-up or deal with any Renesas products related issues.
- Candidate efforts will be focused on understanding and demonstrating Renesas’ value proposition and solving technical concerns in order to ensure that the customer uses Renesas products. Additional responsibilities include product characterization, design simulations and competitive analysis.
- Support embedded programming as per customer needs.
- Candidates must be graduating with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronics Engineering
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- MATLAB, Simulink Model and Simulation tools knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are mandatory, as customer interface may be a significant aspect of the job.
- Must be a self-motivated team player who is able to take direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate effectively.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.