Field Applications Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multicultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories, and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by major innovators around the world.
• Assist with the new customer design-ins of Renesas microcontroller and SOC products in the next generation of automotive applications.
• Hands-on support solving technical concerns to ensure customers use Renesas products.
• Collaborate internally with global engineering teams in product requirement analysis, technical reviews, benchmarking, and troubleshooting efforts.
• Extend practical knowledge and experience in automotive technologies and the semiconductor industry.
• Candidates must be in the last semester of a bachelor’s or higher degree in Electrical Engineering
• Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory to solve customer concerns.
• Must be a team player to contribute to innovative projects.
• Passionate about automotive technologies, eager to apply academic knowledge in a real world.
• Knowledge of Linux/RTOS programming, and debugging on microprocessor or microcontroller is a plus.
• Hands-on project or research experience related to automotive is a plus.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.