Associate Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas is seeking an associate Field Application Engineer who will provide technical support for sales expansion of Renesas products in France. This person will be part of the Industrial Segment sales team driving opportunity discovery and design wins through portfolio presentations, customer design proposals utilizing Renesas products, technical reviews and analysis, and customer debug efforts. Based ideally in Paris area, this person will support customer design sites in France for a set of strategic accounts focusing on Industrial Automation, Building Automation, Smart Appliances, and New Energy/Smart Metering. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in microcontrollers & microprocessors, adding connectivity, analog and/or power background. Candidates shall be determined self-starters who can effectively manage their own schedule and will demonstrate consistent growth in learning this FAE role.
- Provide technical device and systems support to customers, handle technical presentations, on-site trainings, products & solutions demonstrations, tools & starter kits installation, reference designs implementation, schematics, simulations, etc…
- Assist customer engineers during the design phases, perform technical reviews, provide analysis and troubleshooting efforts and conduct new product evaluations. Additional responsibilities include code writing and competitive analysis.
- Efforts will be focused on understanding and demonstrating Renesas’ value proposition and solving technical concerns in order to ensure that the customer uses Renesas products.
- Meet with customers and use expertise to cultivate design opportunities, position Renesas products, demonstrate technology, address customer obstacles and advance opportunities to design wins.
- Self-driven, hold excellent problem solving and communication skills, and have ability to handle several complex issues in parallel.
- Work collaboratively with management, sales, marketing and product engineers to define the best solutions for customers and establish the proper sales goals and strategy.
- Achieve assigned design win and revenue goals for Renesas products and solutions.
- Candidates must be graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or Computer engineering with no or up to 1 year experience.
- Familiar with software engineering aspects, concerning coding and debugging.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Travel required.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.