Associate Application Engineer
Renesas Electronics Europe is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join the Microcontroller (MCU) Application Engineering team to provide high quality application and product support directly to our customers through multiple contact channels.
This is an entry level position ideally suited to a talented Electronic Engineering graduate with strong embedded software skills. The AE role encompasses a broad range of disciplines so a desire for continuous development is strongly sought.
The Graduate Engineer will initially be exposed to all products, technologies, and disciplines from the MCU application engineering department, gaining a broad range of experience and skills through collaboration with the senior engineers, whilst identifying and developing an application area specialism uniquely suited to their own skillset.
The main duties in this role will be to provide detailed technical support to customers, Renesas technical staff, and distributor FAEs on all aspects of our general purpose MCU products and solutions.
The candidate shall:
- Be an expert on MCU devices from our 16 and 32-bit MCU families.
- Provide on-going support for new and existing customer programs, either directly though the various online support channels Renesas operates, or by supporting the local Field Application Engineers.
- Work closely with the Renesas Marketing, Business Development, Field Application Engineering and Sales teams to provide detailed technical support during promotion and design-in activities.
- Create and deliver technical training on Renesas solutions and devices with customers, sales teams, and distributors.
- Participate in Design Reviews of MCU-based boards, systems, and firmware/software.
- Assist in HW and SW bring-up and debugging.
- Implement engineering processes to ensure the highest quality support and designs.
The role will entail developing additional technical expertise in a broad range of disciplines, including analogue and mixed-signal, low power, sensing and communications to support these complex application areas directly with customers.
Batchelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Experience and skills:
A graduate engineer with an aptitude for the following;
- Embedded programming using C language
- Good understanding of schematic and hardware design, preferably related to digital systems or microcontrollers.
- Understanding of analogue design and implementation.
- Good understanding of serial protocols including SPI, I2C etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as regular interfacing with customers, partners and global colleagues will be a significant aspect of the job.
- Must be a self-motivated team player who is able to take direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate effectively. Must be a fluent English speaker.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.