Sales Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Our NA OEM Sales team is looking for a talented Electrical Engineering student to join our team this Summer as a Sales Account Manager in our Farmington Hills, MI. office. Our team works on securing Design-in/wins at the OEM customers to drive future revenue. The successful candidate will work directly with Sr. Sales Director, Principal Account Managers, FAE's and Marketing during their internship. An intern working with the team can expect to learn the relationship of OEMS, Tier1s and Tier 2s in the Automotive Industry, understanding the customer architectures, the value of block diagrams when targeting multiple technologies/solutions in an application, the use of sales tools and systems, understanding the Renesas product portfolio, and the engagement strategies to secure business during their time with our team.
- Account Manager responsible for revenue growth and design funnel growth
- Direct responsibility for driving Opportunity discovery, Design In, and Design Win revenue conversion – full funnel management
- Process RFQ´s and lead quotation processes
- Responsible for accurately forecasting customer revenue monthly
- Develop, execute, and review account strategy with management
- Work within a team environment to manage and interact with resources across multiple cross-functional teams and regions
- Currently enrolled in a BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Summer internship
- Knowledge of Semiconductor products in Automotive
- Experience with MS Office; PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.