Application Engineering Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Looking for a senior (preferred) or junior level candidate in the Electrical Engineering degree program. This is an Intern position for a qualified individual to work in Renesas’s Hi-Rel division under a senior-level Applications Engineer.
- Extensive hands-on lab experience with familiarity with digital oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, signal generators, etc.
- Efforts will be focused on qualifying new power management products on the bench.
- Assist with the development, analysis, and troubleshooting of evaluation board designs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are desired and must be technical and able to generate and deliver clear and concise presentations.
- Familiarization of the device underdevelopment.
- Formal presentation of the operation of the part and analysis of the device performance on the evaluation board.
- Bachelor’s degree - Senior (preferred) or junior-level candidate in the Electrical Engineering degree program
- Exposure to power management topologies is required.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Python programming skills are a plus.
- Printed Circuit Board software tools are a plus.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.