Application Design Engineer
- Design system architecture that maximizes the strength of Renesas' SoC/MCU/software and propose system-level solutions to customers
- Define requirements for software, development environment and hardware for the designed system architecture
- Functional allocation of software and hardware to the designed system
- Align specifications with internal development teams and stakeholders
- Development of PoC software to prove out the designed architecture
The value of vehicle is changing from the conventional "Running, Turning, and Stopping" to the value created by applications and software, such as "automated driving and connected". We at Renesas need to change from being just a device vendor to a solution vendor that provides applications, software, and development environments in close collaboration with our customers and partners. We need to provide system-level solutions that take full advantage of the strengths of Renesas devices. We are looking for engineers to define requirements, design, and verify system-level reference applications that are close to customer use cases.
Renesas' Software Division is a group that creates new solutions for cars and mobility through innovative software and development environments that pursue the value of essential things. We have great colleagues and an environment globally where we respect each other's abilities and ideas and actively exchange open feedback in order to quickly take on the challenges necessary to achieve our goals. We are looking for new colleagues to grow with us and share our goals.
［Required Skills and Work Experience］
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system design or 10 years of experience in software development
- Experience in medium to large scale system design for consumer electronics, industrial equipment, automotive/ECU, etc.
- Knowledge of OS (Linux, QNX, Android)
・Required Language Skills：
- English : Business level TOEIC score around 700
- Japanese : Business level