Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
- Seeking an engineer eager to be grow to be experienced in Automotive Embedded MCU and/or SoC development with strong knowledge of cybersecurity and ability to engage with customer for technical marketing of security solutions.
This engineer will provide technical marketing and promotion of Renesas MCU and SoC security devices and solutions.
- Review/understand cybersecurity specifications and evaluate in the context of customer applications.
- Provide technical support to customers and field application teams on design and development utilizing Renesas cybersecurity products.
- Provide technical support to customers specifically on Renesas device security mechanisms, usage and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate system solutions, evaluation boards, starter kits, prototypes and reference designs.
- Create and provide demonstrations and application examples to promote Renesas device security solutions.
- Develop supporting documentation (overviews, application notes) to promote MCU security solutions.
- Attend internal/external training and relevant tradeshows.
- Create training material for customers and field application engineers related to cybersecurity with Renesas solutions.
- Coordinate with colleagues worldwide.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience in automotive microcontroller-centric or SoC design and/or application development will be a plus. Desire to perform technical marketing leadership responsibilities.
- Degree in Electrical, Software or Computer Engineering or similar (Masters desired).
- Background in microcontroller/SoC hardware and embedded, real time driver software development, including security related implementations.
- Background in HSM (Hardware Security Module) implementations
- Background in CAN, LIN and Ethernet AVB software design and implementations.
- Background with debuggers, compilers, IDEs, programmers, emulators, etc.
- Background with vehicle network analysis tools (CANoe/CANalyzer/Vehicle Spy/etc.)
- Familiarity w/ ARM processors
- Strong communications skills necessary.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.