We are looking for a Validation Engineer to join our growing team.
The position is open in both locations Prague / Lisbon.
Validation engineer is responsible to test that the manufactured Power Management IC is functionally correct in the lab environment. The engineer needs to understand the functional specification of the IC, devise the appropriate validation techniques for all the features and create validation test plan. Appropriate test bench setup, including hardware board design, is created and test cases are coded in software. The developed test suite is executed, data gathered, analyzed and validation reports are created, all within planned and agreed time scales.
The engineer will contribute to achieving one of the strategic business goals to develop highest possible degree of automation of the validation test suite for Digital Power products in Performance Power Business Division of Renesas Electronics. As such the engineer must be skilled in lab automation techniques, design of opened and extendable hardware and software reuse methodologies.
The engineer will be part of a cross-site Validation Automation Group reporting to a local lead. Teamwork, communication, innovation and technical leadership are essential for the success in the role.
- 2 - 5 years of post-silicon bench validation
- Good knowledge of power management applications in consumer electronic
- Knowledge of voltage regulators (Buck, Buck-Boost, LDO), key parameters and measurement methods
- Good level of expertise in lab automation, ability to propose improvements to existing manual techniques
- Board level analog and digital circuit design expertise for PCB schematic creation
- Proficiency with Python programming with particular use for lab automation hardware environments
- Ability to debug any unexpected issue and identify root cause
- Ability to work with minimal instructions
- Goals-oriented and able to deliver on-time results under tight schedules
- Concise and precise communication, internal and with customer
- Ability to work with engineers from other disciplines (circuit design, customer applications, software, QA)
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity within multisite and multicultural environments
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.