Assistant Mgr, Application Engineering
We are looking for an Assistant Manager Application Engineering (Team Lead) to manage an Applications team including assigning tasks, reviewing work, and driving best practise. You will be responsible for the personal and technical development of your team, whilst working with the Applications Manager to support the planning and exicution of projects and resource allocation. You will act as the conduit between other design teams, PMO and relevant corporate engineering functions to support team objectives.
- Typically 8 – 12 years experience in electronics in one of the following areas: wireless handheld, specifically audio and power management; consumer displays; automotive body electronics
- Software skills sufficient to enable measurement automation
- Ability to supervise and mentor team members
- Ability to select most appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for both maximizing results and solving technical issues
- Ability to solve complex issues in creative, commercial and effective ways
- Able to lead & co-ordinate significant projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity
- Allocates resources, monitors work output, ensures delivery of targets of the team
- Outward looking, positive role model with leadership skills
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Concise and precise communication and customer skills within multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- Experience of the design and/or evaluation of switching converters, controllers: Buck/Boost/Chargers. Linear regulators /chargers
- Knowledge of portable power management
- Understanding of IC design, production, test, silicon quality testing and failure analysis
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.