Senior Application Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer to support silicon evaluation requirements to meet evaluation timescales as set by product schedule.
Responsibility for product support with internal and external customers and delivery of product evaluation.
- Perform physical silicon device evaluation at chip and board level and document errata to support necessary device modifications.
- Take on product lead role. This includes planning evaluation, supporting collateral development, reporting to management and customers, and reviewing evaluation documents.
- Support the development of software for automated measurements.
- Independently develop ideas to improve the silicon evaluation flow.
- Interface directly with customers during their design-in and ramp phases to resolve application and device-related issues.
- Drive interactions with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Product Engineering and Quality Engineering to resolve product issues.
- Mentor Junior Applications Engineers and assist with the hiring and interview process.
- And all other tasks that seem reasonable by your Manager.
What we are looking for?
- Typically 5 – 8 years experience
- Strong competence with various tools and procedures, reaching specialist level
- Ability to work with minimal instruction – either independently or collaboratively
- Ability to make good judgement in selecting method/technique for obtaining solutions
- Able to confidently share own expertise and work to others
- Able to make significant contribution to projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity
- Ability to support and mentor junior team members
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under a tight schedule
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to propose innovative solutions
- Concise and precise communication and customer skills within multi-site and multi-cultural environment
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.