Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
We are looking for a Validation Engineer to join our growing team.
The position is open in both locations Prague / Lisbon.
Validation engineer is responsible to test that the manufactured Power Management IC is functionally correct in the lab environment. The engineer needs to understand the functional specification of the IC, devise the appropriate validation techniques for all the features and create validation test plan. Appropriate test bench setup, including hardware board design, is created and test cases are coded in software. The developed test suite is executed, data gathered, analyzed and validation reports are created, all within planned and agreed time scales.
The engineer will contribute to achieving one of the strategic business goals to develop highest possible degree of automation of the validation test suite for Digital Power products in Performance Power Business Division of Renesas Electronics. As such the engineer must be skilled in lab automation techniques, design of opened and extendable hardware and software reuse methodologies.
The engineer will be part of a cross-site Validation Automation Group reporting to a local lead. Teamwork, communication, innovation and technical leadership are essential for the success in the role.
- 2 - 5 years of post-silicon bench validation
- Good knowledge of power management applications in consumer electronic
- Knowledge of voltage regulators (Buck, Buck-Boost, LDO), key parameters and measurement methods
- Good level of expertise in lab automation, ability to propose improvements to existing manual techniques
- Board level analog and digital circuit design expertise for PCB schematic creation
- Proficiency with Python programming with particular use for lab automation hardware environments
- Ability to debug any unexpected issue and identify root cause
- Ability to work with minimal instructions
- Goals-oriented and able to deliver on-time results under tight schedules
- Concise and precise communication, internal and with customer
- Ability to work with engineers from other disciplines (circuit design, customer applications, software, QA)
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity within multisite and multicultural environments
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel
- Excellent command of verbal and written English