Automotive Acoustic Sensing Systems Engineer
Job Type: Staff Engineer
Travel Required: No
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Join us at the new Renesas AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things) Center of Excellence! Our Reality AI Tools help customers make every product they build more intelligent. We aim to make machine learning model creation, sensor and processor selection, and embedded product creation all effortless for customers. The core technology blends signal processing, automatic feature selection, and AI model generation to operate efficiently on low-cost MCUs. We are growing fast and need skilled and experienced team members to help build and lead the center. This specific role focuses on acoustic sensing in automotive environments.
What You Will Focus On:
Detailed Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Detection, identification and tracking of sound targets in the acoustic environment around automobiles
• Developing new ideas and algorithms to improve performance and fuse data with other automotive systems
• Designing acoustic signal-processing-based pre-processing stages and feature spaces.
• Incorporating new ideas from the research community.
• Technical problem-solving for field data collection and demonstation in live autmotive settings
• Collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team of AIoT center engineers, as well as Renesas autotmotive solutions engineers around the world.
• Helping build, guide, and mentor a growing technical team.
What You Bring To The Table:
• 3-6 years of work experience in related areas, including some project team lead roles.
• Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in the applicable field.
• Working knowledge of a variety of ML classification and regression methods, unsupervised learning, and anomaly detection -- not just deep learning.
• Core understanding of signal processing theory
• Some experience in applying machine learning to signals in domains like audio, vibration, electrical, radar, etc. (Our team focuses on signals, not images or videos.)
• Strong MATLAB programming skills, competent in C/ C++ and/or Python.
• A positive, collaborative attitude.
Nice To Have:
• Experience developing and applying signal processing chain algorithms.
• Familiarity with automotive signal busses, systems and instrumentation, particularly ADAS related.
• Broad experience with sensors, signals, and their application in a variety of settings.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.