Support Engineer - Functional Safety
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Functional Safety is a key technology for our automotive products, especially for the future megatrends of electrification and automation of cars. If you’re a fresh graduate and passionate Electrical Engineer, we would like to invite you to join us in the System Functional Safety Support Team as a Functional Safety Engineer in our Milpitas, CA office.
From your home zone in Milpitas you will work with a multinational and diverse team, collaborate with Safety Managers located in different regions, and support leading Automotive OEMs and Tier1s. You can expect to foster a deep understanding of the automotive functional safety standard (ISO 26262) and build expertise in the latest automotive application trends and system know-how. Moreover, you will engage with cutting-edge System-on-Chip (SoC), Microcontrollers (MCU), and Power Management ICs (PMIC) products, strategically addressing future technological advancements and staying at the forefront of innovation in the rapidly evolving landscape of electronic components.
To wit, we are driving together with our customers the recent changes in the automotive industry such as ADAS & Autonomous Driving, Electric Vehicles, and Gateway & Domain Control. Get inspired by our automotive visions.
You will design the future by:
- Serving as customer contact for Functional Safety related topics for Renesas Automotive Products. Learn more about our successful automotive embedded processor, analog and power products.
- Remaining vigilant to the dynamic Functional Safety market trends and transferring them to our system functional safety requirements
- Developing expertise in system functional safety architectures and customer use cases to strengthen product promotion and design-in
- Being the point of contact to the sales and marketing teams for product promotion and customer support related to functional safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or Physics (Masters preferred).
- Prefer candidate needs to be soon to graduate on May, 2024 or graduated in May, 2023 or Dec, 2023.
- Candidate must be in the Bay Area.
- Passion for systems and electronics, ideally complemented by pre-existing hands-on experience
- Understanding for software and embedded systems
- Knowledge of analog & digital semiconductors
- Interest in Functional Safety ISO 26262
- Confidence in communication, required for engaging dialogues with the industry leaders in tech and automotive sectors
- Desire and ability to work in a multicultural global organization that relies on unparalleled teamwork!
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.