Technical Sales Intern
Our Renesas Strategic Account Sales Team is looking for a talented Electrical
Engineering or related student to join our team this Summer as a Sales Engineer.
Our team works with strategic industry partners and customers on system
hardware solutions primarily for datacenter, networking, client compute and telco
applications. The successful candidate will work directly with Global Account
Managers in the team during their internship. An intern working with team can
expect to learn about semiconductor ecosystem and landscape, datacenter/server
HW design basics and guidelines, semiconductor product development flow and
process, as well as customer facing support experience and skills during their time
with our team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support primary Account Managers in the team on various analytics and
management tasks such as business analysis and development, project
management, supply readiness, etc.
• Candidate will have opportunity to work with various internal teams such as
application engineering, technical marketing, sales application engineering and
operations, etc, a perfect opportunity to learn about semiconductor product
development and support process flow as well as various functionalities.
• Candidate will have opportunity to engage in direct customer support activities,
gaining customer-facing communication and negotiation skills.
• Quickly become familiar with Renesas product portfolio
• Interface professionally with customers to understand their technical needs and
• Complete special projects in coordination with Sales Management.
• Learn the basics of revenue forecasting, open order management, and long term
• Assist in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data entry
• Work collaboratively with other Global Account Managers, Field Sales Engineers,
Field Applications Engineers, distribution partners and product engineers to
architect the best solutions for customers, including block diagrams, schematics,
• Engineering Student Required, BS Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Self-starter with strong communication skills
• Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
• Basics in embedded system design with ability to understand and create block
diagrams of customer applications.
• Motivated, Responsive and Driven Personality required with strong
• Travel required, up to 50%
• Passionate about the semiconductor and hardware industry, eager to learn
semiconductor products and technologies, as well as targeted applications and
• Being responsible and responsive in a fast-moving team