Field Applications Engineering Intern
This is an Intern position for a qualified individual to work under a senior level Field
Applications Engineer in Renesas’ Sales Organization.
• Extensive hands-on supporting the local lab will be required (optional)
• Efforts will be focused on understanding and demonstrating Renesas’ value
proposition and solving technical concerns in order to ensure that the customer
uses Renesas products (optional)
• Assist with the development of new customer designs, perform technical
reviews, provide analysis and troubleshooting efforts and conduct new product
• Extensive hands-on supporting the local lab will be required. Efforts will be
focused on understanding and demonstrating Renesas’ value proposition and
solving technical concerns in order to ensure that the customer uses Renesas
• Additional responsibilities include product characterization, design simulations
and competitive analysis.
• As the engineer gains knowledge, skill and experience, the role will evolve to
take on additional responsibility of a Field Applications Engineer.
• Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or
• Basic understanding of schematics, layouts and digital components
• Knowledge and understanding of analog circuitry (examples include op-amps,
DC/DC power, data converters, sensing, etc.)
• Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
• Ability to interface with customers to solve customer problems.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal are a must.
• Must be able to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations
• Ability to effectively balance strong technical skills with solid relationship-building
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written, verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people across various
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapid