Product Marketing Engineer
About the Company
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Product Marketing Specialist
The High Reliability Products Team is seeing a Product Marketing Specialist to help grow our current and next generation power management and discrete products for in-orbit space applications.
The person in this role will have a key role in accelerating the growth of the business through roadmap definition and development with strong focus on delivering leadership technologies and solutions to solve customers’/partners challenges as they architect power delivery for their demanding applications. Success requires product management throughout the life of product (from concepts through production) through partnerships with diverse interdisciplinary cross organizational teams, including but not limited to product engineering, test engineering, applications engineering, design engineering, package engineering, sales, marketing, and customers.
Responsibilities include working closely with key customers - prioritizing customer support activities to secure design wins, working with product line leaders on introducing new products to the market and making sure that they are promoted effectively, understanding the ecosystem and key needs for our products, and working with customers to define new products and the overall roadmap.
The successful candidate must have strong self-motivation, sense of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work well across various functional teams. Strong technical background is important to lead new products strategy initiatives, and to communicate effectively with engineers both internally and externally.
- Managing core aspects of product throughout the life cycle (definition to end-of-life) – features, requirements, value proposition, pricing, and market fit
- Market requirements and business case development
- Develop cohesive market strategy comprehending product market alignment, resource utilization and market trends to maximize return on the investment
- Market intelligence gathering and analysis, including competitive benchmark and positioning for successful product and marketing strategy development
- Creating effective product and solutions collaterals, and partnering with sales and other teams to drive, coordinate and support product promotion, design wins and demand creation to meet revenue targets
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Technical experience with power management in the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with excellent command of verbal and written English
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to create product and solutions business case and communicate value to product management and engineering teams
- Travel (~25%) required Regionally and worldwide to engage with the sales force and with customers to promote product, Winning Combo’s and determine future product needs
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.