Software Applications Engineer
The Software Frameworks Engineer is responsible for developing and testing Software Frameworks used internally and externally to support bring-up, configuration and testing of Renesas products. They must provide support to internal customers to resolve SW issues, system integration and evaluation requirements. The engineer needs to be able to gather SW requirements and define SW specifications. They must document the design and implementation of SW tools developed and must build and deliver SW collateral to project schedules and deadlines. The engineer will maintain and extend existing Frameworks as well as develop entirely new features and tools as required. As such, the engineer will be skilled in test driven development, delivering scalable solutions and adhering to coding standards. They will be familiar with version control, continuous integration, task estimation/planning and code reviews. The engineer will be part of a cross-site Software Frameworks Team reporting to a remote lead. Teamwork, communication, innovation and technical skills are essential for success in the role.
- Bachelor level with working experience in Software engineering (3+ years experience).
- Competent in software engineering, with focus on coding and testing.
- Python programming knowledge.
- Ability to perform SW system integration onto hardware reference platforms.
- Ability to prioritise work, set goals and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivation to learn and apply new skills.
- Customer (internal/external) interface ability, including cultural awareness.
- Concise and precise communication, internal and with customer.
- Ability to work with engineers from other disciplines (circuit design, customer applications, software, QA).
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity within multisite and multicultural environments.
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Qt Framework knowledge.
- Graphical User Interface programming knowledge.
- WEB development technologies and frameworks.
- Low-level and bare-metal software experience.
- Silicon Validation experience.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.