Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
To further strengthen our Validation Team at our Ottawa location we are looking for a System Validation Engineer eager to work with industry-leading low jitter timing and consumer products. The validation engineering team routinely collaborates with marketing, sales, design and product engineering teams to assist with product definition, early stage design-in technical assistance, and production level product support. Your everyday work will have a significant impact on customer relationships, winning designs across Renesas’ timing product portfolio and planning for future timing products.
The ASIC Validation team performs a critical function in the ASIC product life cycle and is vital to the Company. Engineers in this group have the opportunity for exposure to ASIC design, hardware and software while being exposed to the bleeding edge of network synchronization technology. As a System Validation Engineer, you will design and develop the test cases and infrastructure and then test real time software modules that will configure, trigger, and monitor hardware subsystems for the purpose of characterizing new ASICs. You will work with Embedded Software Developers, ASIC designers and Algorithm Modeling Engineers.
• Establishing embedded test environment and infrastructure
• Design, document and execute various ASIC corner-case characterization tests
• Design and implement various Windows hardware testing programs/tools.
• Verifying ASIC operation against simulation and emulation environments
• Qualifying embedded software against the target hardware
• Support test automation initiatives
• Interface to World-wide FAEs for the purpose of mimicking customer product testing
• Preparing and reviewing documentation
• Responsible for reporting all ASIC Validation activities and progress to Management
• Supporting Embedded Software Developers, ASIC designers and Algorithm Modeling Engineers
• Assist validation engineers in testing/validating telecom devices in the lab
• Debug and run several automatic test cases written in TCL and/or Python scripting language
• Make daily use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, frequency counters, etc.
• Experience in hardware debug and design
• Experience with structured software and real time embedded software design
• Experience in Python programming
• Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, frequency counters, etc.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Fast learner
• Team player
• Experience writing in Python scripting language a definite asset
• Experience working with/testing telecom devices an asset
• Ability to perform minor PCB modifications and rework
• Experience working in a lab environment
Education and experience
• BSc in electric or computer engineering, up to 3 years of experience.
Renesas Electronics Canada is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, creed or religion, age, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital or civil status, same-sex partnership status, family status, disability and any other characteristic protected by law. Renesas is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.