a Cloud Engineer to support our Machine Learning Core and AI Systems teams. In this role, the Cloud Engineer works closely with our machine learning engineers on the infrastructure side to design, develop, deploy, and manage infrastructure and tools that will help internal and external research scientists, software, and hardware engineers.
Our mission is to use the latest machine learning and cloud technologies to develop the best AI inference for self-driving vehicle and advanced driver safety engineers. Renesas is the leading automotive electronics supplier globally, and this is a rare opportunity to deploy your AI software to the billions of devices we ship to customers every year. You will join our newly formed AI Solutions global research and development organization of around 100 software engineers. Due to strong demand for our AI-related products we are planning to triple in size in the next three years, so there is lots of room for you to help us grow the team together while remaining small. Our key locations are the Tokyo, London, Dusseldorf, and Ho Chi Minh City metro areas, but you can also join fully remotely from other locations globally or get our support to relocate to our key location hubs such as Tokyo.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage cloud-based AI software for our self-driving vehicle customers.
- Leverage cloud native technologies and environments (GitHub/GitLab, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc) to deploy our products on our multiple cloud provider infrastructures (Amazon Web Services etc).
- Design the implementation and management of our AI solutions using the latest cloud technologies to make our internal and customer engineer’s life easier and meet their AI workflow needs.
- Collaborate with research scientists, software engineers and business owners to align cloud engineering requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate with teams outside your organization to manage cross functional dependencies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or related field.
- Experience in C/C++, Python, or other related programming language
- 3 years’ experience with software engineering, including working with one or more cloud environments.
- 2 years’ experience deploying applications working with cloud technologies (eg Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform) on one or more cloud providers (eg Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiar with concepts of machine learning, data science or AI frameworks (eg TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch, Pandas), and ML tools (eg Weights and Biases, MLFlow).
- Ability to speak and write in English at a business level.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.