AI Compiler Engineer
In this role, you will be part of the Machine Learning Core team. The team has been developing a comprehensive AI Compiler strategy that delivers a highly flexible platform to explore new DL/ML model architectures, combined with auto-tuned high performance for production environments across a wide range of hardware architectures. The compiler framework, ML graph optimizations and kernel authoring specific to the hardware impacts performance, developer efficiency & deployment velocity of both AI training and inference platforms. You will be developing AI compiler frameworks to accelerate machine learning workloads on the next generation of AI hardware. You will work closely with AI researchers to analyze deep learning models and how to lower them efficiently on AI platforms. You will also partner with hardware design teams to develop compiler optimizations for high performance. You will apply software development best practices to design features, optimization, and performance tuning techniques. You will gain valuable experience in developing machine learning compiler frameworks and will help in driving next generation hardware software co-design for AI domain specific problems.
Our mission is to use the latest machine learning and cloud technologies to develop the best AI inference for self-driving vehicle and advanced driver safety engineers. Renesas is the leading automotive electronics supplier globally, and this is a rare opportunity to deploy your AI software to the billions of devices we ship to customers every year. You will join our newly formed AI Solutions global research and development organization of around 100 software engineers. Due to strong demand for our AI-related products we are planning to triple in size in the next three years, so there is lots of room for you to help us grow the team together while remaining small. Our key locations are the Tokyo, London, Dusseldorf, and Ho Chi Minh City metro areas, but you can also join fully remotely from other locations globally or get our support to relocate to our key location hubs such as Tokyo.
- Development of AI compiler framework, high performance kernel authoring and acceleration onto next generation of hardware architectures.
- Contribute to the development of the industry-leading machine learning framework core compilers to support new state of the art inference and training machine learning/AI accelerators and optimize their performance.
- Analyze deep learning networks, develop & implement compiler optimization algorithms.
- Collaborating with AI research scientists to accelerate the next generation of deep learning models such as recommendation systems, computer vision, or natural language processing.
- Performance tuning & optimizations of deep learning frameworks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or related field.
- Experience in C/C++, Python, or other related programming language
- Experience in accelerating deep learning models or libraries on hardware architectures.
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX etc.
- Ability to speak and write in English at a business level.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.