Sr Staff Application Engineer
Staff Applications Engineer, Digital Multiphase Overview:
Seeking an individual to work on cutting edge digital power management solutions. A successful candidate will have strong desire and ability to work in a technically challenging environment with other top performers to continue Renesas’s development of industry leading power management IC’s
This is an opportunity to contribute at a high level to the technical and commercial success of the corporation. To succeed, you will need to combine deep technical understanding of power management, Renesas products and customer systems. You will have critical input to product definition and business planning activities. Your ability to work across functional groups through formal communication and direct interaction is critical to success. The position requires significant technical experience beyond traditional power management topics due to the embedded SOC nature of the products. Experience with firmware-enabled products and powering large scale ASIC’s (Intel/AMD/Nvidia/Broadcom etc.) is desired
• Interface with FAE’s to provide design in support.
• Participate in validation activities to demonstrate product performance and capability.
• Develop valuable IP by finding unique solutions to critical customer problems.
• Interface with key ASIC suppliers (Nvidia/Bcom etc) to understand critical requirements.
Success in this position requires an ability to ensure that product architecture can deliver on market performance demands. An ability to understand nuance in customer demands and motivate team members accordingly is required. Excellent communication skills and technical understanding are required to succeed.
• BS+10 or MS+7 in Engineering or technical equivalent in the power management industry
• Experience with multiphase DC/DC converters powering large scale ASIC’s.
• Experience with digitally enabled power management products.
• Understanding of control loop theory and its application in power converters
• Proficiency with a full complement of lab equipment including network analyzers, oscilloscopes and waveform generators. Experience with automation of lab testing.
• Proficiency in Python, C or other programming language
• Proficiency in data analysis using Excel or JMP
• Must possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.