Mgr, Software Engineering
Job Title: Manager of Software Engineering
Reports To: Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar; publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
Renesas is looking for a highly experienced software development manager that will recruit and manage a team of software developers and test engineers to work on customer facing software to enable our customers. This position involves a wide range of managerial and technical challenges, starting with building up a team from scratch and ramping them to become a high performing critical team for one of Renesas’s fastest growing product lines. You will have the opportunity to directly impact customer experience through work on software products that enable feature rich hardware to shine. If you have a passion for people management and mentorship, working with systems involving SW/FW/HW, and switching between multiple software languages and paradigms, we’d like to hear from you. If you seek a place to shine with no artificial barriers apply now!
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team including attracting, hiring, and maintaining a team of engineers at different levels of expertise
- Provide technical and people leadership while absorbing ambiguity and keeping a positive attitude throughout
- Handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and managing tension between timelines, quality, and features
- Gather and drive clarity on software requirements from diverse groups including customers, application engineers, hardware, and firmware engineers
- Act as a liaison between the India SW team and the US SW team communicating crisply status and blockers. Be willing and able to travel to the US multiple times during the year
- 10+ years of software development with at least 2 years leading software teams.
- Technical expertise in Java and Python
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of Software Architecture and Design principles, Behavior-Driven Development and unit testing approaches
- Must have highly developed written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Understanding of JIRA and Git
- Experience with JavaFX or GUI development very strongly preferred
- Experience with automated software testing frameworks such as Qt Squish, SmartBear Test Complete, or equivalent tools
- Experience with basic electronics, microcontroller programming and bus communications strongly preferred
- Strong experience in DevOps including JIRA, Confluence and GitLab preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.