Sr Staff Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Reports To: Manager of Software Engineering
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar; publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
Renesas is looking for a highly experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to work on testing customer facing software. This position involves a wide range of technical challenges, from collaborating on the design and development of test automation frameworks and testing strategies, to designing and implementing automated tests for one of Renesas’s fastest growing product lines. You will have the opportunity to directly impact customer experience through work on software products that enable feature rich hardware to shine. If you are a versatile, inquisitive, creative test automation engineer and have a passion for diving into complex technical challenges, working with systems involving SW/FW/HW, and collaborating closely with colleagues, we’d like to hear from you. If you seek a place to shine with no artificial barriers, apply now!
- Work closely with the Technical Lead for Test on automation framework enhancements, creating new testing tools and integrations, and on the development of testing best practices for the team.
- Perform automation feasibility analysis, design, and implement automated test cases using the automation framework with a focus on building reusable test components, debug test results and produce detailed bugs reports.
- Develop a deep understanding of the products and systems under test.
- Gather and drive clarity on software requirements from diverse groups including customers, application engineers, hardware, and firmware engineers to ensure the products we deliver meet and exceed customer expectations for quality.
- Help mentor colleagues and guide design and implementation of automated tests using the automation framework and software development and testing best practices.
- Handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and manage tension between timelines, quality, and features.
- Willingness to speak up, raise issues and risks, ask lots of questions, and provide improvement recommendations for products, test cases, test automation design, test frameworks/tools, and team processes.
- 7+ years of experience in hands on Software Test Automation including UI Automation and framework development on complex systems.
- Extensive experience guiding and mentoring colleagues including performing automation code reviews and technical training.
- Technical expertise and experience in the Python programming language
- Experience using object-oriented design, software design principles and patterns, and automated testing best practices.
- Experience with unit, functional, integration, and system testing
- Understanding of JIRA and Git
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have highly developed written and verbal cross-functional communication skills, be a true team player ready to jump in to assist others in a friendly way, excited about learning, applying, and sharing new skills, and keeping up on the latest technologies and tools in test automation.
- Java development experience and/or ability to quickly pick up new programming languages beyond Python.
- Experience with basic electronics, microcontroller programming and bus communications
- Experience with visual, performance, and Firmware and/or Hardware testing
- Experience in DevOps, Confluence, GitLab or similar technologies
- Automated testing tool proficiency in Qt Squish, SmartBear Test Complete, or equivalent tools
- An ideal candidate will have a combined software development and test automation background.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.