Senior Staff Engineer (Functional Safety)
Renesas Electronics provides advanced semiconductor solutions for automotive applications. Functional Safety is a key technology for our products, as a base for almost all automotive applications - especially for future electrical or automated vehicles. To wit, we are driving the recent changes in the automotive industry such as ADAS/Autonomous Driving, Electric Vehicles, and Gateway/Domain Control. You will be working in a global multicultural team to strengthen our future products and provide excellent support to our worldwide customers.
- As a member of the High Performance Compute - System Functional Safety Department, you will work in a cross functional department, being responsible to strongly support the Automotive product development divisions with your Functional Safety expertise.
- Applies broad expertise and knowledge of System and Software Requirement engineering for Renesas SoC and MCU products, for e.g. low-level drivers, middle-ware, and safety libraries / frameworks
- Requires conceptual thinking to understand advanced issues and implications for definition and consolidation of Functional Safety Concepts & Requirements within a global team
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Support sales and marketing teams for product promotion and customer support with identification of Functional Safety market trends and safety requirements for Renesas software solutions
- Requires conveying advanced information and persuading several diverse stakeholders/audiences.
- Guide software design teams and safety managers with your broad expertise of system/software application know-how
- Coach and mentor junior engineers to increase functional safety competency
Your Profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in Software engineering, Computer Science or Electrical engineering (Masters preferred)
- 12+ years’ experience in embedded software design (middle ware, Linux, QNX, Integrity, eMCOS, Autosar or others)
- Experience on specification and requirement definition of software products and/or system architecture for automotive
- Experience on multicore SoC architectures especially for ADAS/AD, IVI or CoGW domains
- Practical experience on requirement engineering and tools, system design modeling with UML/SysML, with focus on functional safety
- Profound knowledge about Functional Safety, especially ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508)
- Excellent customer focus with strong communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Ability to work in multicultural global organization, teamwork oriented, structured in work, ability to take initiatives and work efficiently in fast and agile environment
- Fluent English language skills are mandatory
- Flexibility to work from office and home
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Transparency, agility, innovation, and global and entrepreneurial thinking are the basis of every action.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.