Development project lead of next generation system development environment
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
- Lead a project to design and develop a virtual environment for system-level physical simulation of ECUs, PCBs, etc. to achieve shift-left system development for customers.
- Understanding the customer's pain points and engineering design workflow in product design by interacting with customers on system-level issues related to physical properties such as electromagnetic and thermal characteristics.
- Planning and development of solutions (reference designs, simulation models, virtual environments in the cloud, etc.) using simulation technology to solve customer pain points.
- Verification and optimization of simulation accuracy and execution speed.
- Lead/assist in the coordination and execution of all technical activities related to the commercialization of solutions, including product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations
- Collaborate with domestic and international technical partners, manage requirements and schedules for joint development
With the evolution of automated driving and digital cockpits, the importance of software in cars is increasing. According to one theory, the scale of software installed in a single car is said to exceed 50 million lines, and we are entering an era in which software determines the value of the car. For this reason, it has become an important mission for Renesas not only to provide semiconductor products but also to provide system solutions, including software and development environments, that facilitate customers' product development.
In order to support such software-centered car manufacturing and provide new value, we believe it is important for our business to break out of the conventional concept of in-vehicle embedded software development and propose and implement new system-level development environments and tools that will help our customers to shift their product development to the "Shift-Left. We believe that it is important for our business to propose and implement new system-level development environments and tools that will help our customers realize a shift-left in product development. We are looking for people who are willing to take on these challenges with us.
Required Skills and Work Experience :
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following (holding more than one is preferred)
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in electrical/electronic engineering with a major in electromagnetics
- Familiarity with high frequency, microwave, and antenna concepts including S-parameters, wave propagation, antenna radiation patterns, and scattering analysis.
- Knowledge of signal and power integrity simulation analysis (eye diagram analysis, crosstalk analysis, transmission line impedance simulation, bathtub curves, TDR, power supply network, power plane decoupling analysis, etc.).
- Experience or knowledge of package, PCB, and connector design processes and EDA tools.
- Experience with simulation tools for electromagnetic or thermal analysis (1-3 years, at least)
- Experience managing projects consisting of multiple national and international teams and partners.
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills in Japanese/English
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in English
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.