The Infrastructure Digital Power Applications team is seeking a Systems Applications Engineer who is technically savvy and is excited about working on cutting edge power solutions for server and infrastructure processor/SOC applications. You will support the evaluation, design-in, and qualification of high-performance DC-DC power converter products with Renesas’ advanced control architectures. Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge are required for frequent interface with multiple internal departments and external customers.
We’re looking for someone eager to learn, ready to hit the ground running, and help define what Applications support means for Renesas. If you like problem-solving, cutting edge digital power management technology and enjoy hands-on engineering teamwork that spans across different geographies, we’d like to hear from you.
- Product promotion and design-in support, including architecting power trees and power delivery system debugging.
- Product validation and characterization (hands-on work in the lab)
- Contribute to the definition of innovative and differentiated products
- Schematic capture/review and PCB layout reviews of evaluation boards and customer board designs
- Set up and execute simulations of power converter circuits and systems for development and issue resolution
- Technical documentation (e.g. application notes and design guidelines) to assist customers in deploying our products
- Training of field applications engineers and customer engineers in using our products and DC-DC converters basics
- Customer support, including on-site support, of internal and external customers both local and remote teams analyzing issues and debug options
- Competitive analysis research to support Marketing
- Develop system level understanding of customer applications for new product development
- B.S. required in Electrical Engineering (MSEE preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with multi-phase Buck regulators and experience with digitally enabled/controlled power management products.
- Knowledge about Intel SVID/AMD SVI power management interfaces.
- Competence with Python or C. Any experience with automation of lab equipment is a significant benefit.
- Proficiency with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, eload, function generator, etc.
- Experience with analog circuit modeling and simulation tools (e.g. Simplis, PSpice, etc.) required
- Advanced knowledge of DC/DC converter topologies. These include Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, charge pump converters, and LDOs
- Expertise in schematic capture, PCB design tools such as OrCAD or Allegro
- Excellent knowledge of control theory, closed loop compensation, stability analysis, phase margin, etc.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas respects all types of diversity and values, and actively works to improve our work environment and foster a corporate culture that accepts and is inclusive of one another. We believe our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives are the source of innovative products and services that support our sustainable business growth. For more information, please read through our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.