Senior Software Applications Engineer
Product oriented position with main focus to design, develop and test embedded applications to support customers that have designed-in Renesas Bluetooth Smart chips to get faster into production
o Customer support and interaction including travel to customer premises
o Support of software integration into key clients
o Ensure the quality of delivered software to customers
o Keep track of customer development and provide it as feedback into the development team
o Development of suitable guides to enable integration of Renesas software into upper layers of customer software.
o Documentation of all software including suitable version management.
o Development and delivery of software applications for selected Renesas products.
o Provision of suitable demonstration vehicles such as evaluation platforms with integrated drivers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor level with approx. 8+ years deep working experience in Embedded SW development, or Academic level with 6+ years of experience.
• Fully competent in all aspects of software engineering, concerning coding and testing.
• Very good knowledge of embedded SW development
• System knowledge (SW/HW)
• Ability to prioritise work, set goals and meet deadlines for self and others.
• Very good customer interaction skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Human relations skills are important to convince others (e.g. in projects) based on technical knowledge and shows assertiveness to alert superiors/colleagues.
• Bluetooth knowledge
• SW development ARM cortex-M processors
• Multi-disciplinary focus, Customer support, digital hardware and embedded software.
Essential: Bachelor Degree in Software or Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering
Desirable: Master Degree in Software or Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering
Internal: Design engineers within SW, HW and Customer Support discipline groups, Group / Team leader and project leaders.
External: Customers at technical level, Subcontractors working for Renesas at technical level.
Reporting to: BLE Applications manager/Team Leader
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.