Product Engineering Manager
Background ＆ Reason for hiring:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Engineering Manager to lead the development of next-generation SiC and IGBT products. You will be responsible for guiding a team of talented engineers, driving product development, and ensuring on-time, high-quality deliveries that meet target specifications and exceed customer expectations. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a deep understanding of power semiconductor technologies, and can lead technical teams to achieve ambitious goals, this is the opportunity for you.
Role & Responsibility:
- Lead the development of new SiC and IGBT products from concept to production, ensuring on time release and meeting technical specification
- Oversee the execution of product development plans, monitoring project progress, resource allocation, and risk management
- Working closely with Tech marketing & applications teams to manage product development priorities and ensure key customer milestones are achieved
- Lead a sustaining PE team responsible for production yield and quality enhancement as well as product life cycle (PCN process)
Manage a team of experienced product engineers, providing technical guidance, implementing best practices and drive continuous improvement across all aspects of product developments
- Manage product budgets and ensure projects are delivered within cost and schedule constraints
- Represent the product line needs in cross-functional meetings and collaborate effectively with various departments, including technology development, manufacturing, test, quality and reliability
Required Skills & Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, physics, Material science or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product development of power semiconductor products
- Language proficiency: both Japanese and English at business level (TOEIC 700)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and make sound technical decisions
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills, with proficiency in project planning tools and methodologies
- Solid understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and quality control procedures
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in SiC and/or IGBT products (module, discrete and bare die products) is highly desirable.
- Proven leadership experience in managing and motivating engineering teams.
- Full time
- Location: Takasaki, Japan (Working remotely is allowed)