Sr. Staff Application Engineer
This role requires deep technical strength in high performance power management (mid- and low-voltage high-current DC/DC). Experience with multiphase CPU VRs is highly desirable. Typical requirements are a minimum of 15-20 years of relevant semiconductor experience, with at least 5 years in automotive power management and experience as a functional safety engineer. A BS degree in engineering (EE – power electronics preferred), with MS degree preferred.
This senior role provides broad system level solution insight and support. A broad comprehension of DC/DC power conversion is required including familiarity with digital PWM controllers. Key responsibilities include:
- Support marketing efforts by providing detailed solutions matching customer detailed requirements.
- Support development efforts by contributing to product requirement documents to ensure design teams have the detailed information needed to execute and verify designs.
- Develop collateral such as datasheets, performance reports, and application notes to support customer engagement.
- Comprehend how unique automotive requirements impinge on components in the power system outside the Renesas product.
- Support training of other AE’s and FAE’s to enable broad support and knowledge of the products.