Technical Sales Engineer
Renesas is seeking a dynamic, entry level Sales engineer with technical background in the field of Electrical and/or computer engineering. Candidates shall be determined self-starters who can effectively manage their own schedule and will demonstrate consistent growth in learning the role of a Sales Engineer. As a Sales Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for driving sales growth by identifying new business opportunities and expanding our footprint in our existing customer base.
This position will start with a 6-month assignment as an associate sales engineer where you will learn the renesas portfolio, opportunity management, customer engagements and business strategy. Mentors will include other Sales managers and application engineers. At the end of the assignment, you will join a sales team as a Technical Sales Engineer, where you will be responsible for growing revenue and account management of your assigned customers.
- Quickly become familiar with Renesas product portfolio
- Interface professionally with customers to understand their technical needs and challenges
- Identify and pursue new design activity at key customers
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, distribution partners and product engineers to define the best solutions for customers, including block diagrams, schematics, simulations, etc
- Learn the process and skills to accurately track and forecast revenue
- Establish and grow relationships across a wide range of customers
- Grow sales funnel and revenue
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field
- Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA or higher
- Engineering Degree Required, electrical or computer engineering preferred
- Self-starter with strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Basics in embedded system design with ability to understand and create block diagrams of customer applications.
- Motivated, Responsive and Driven Personality required with strong organizational skills
- Travel required
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.