Sr Staff Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Test development engineers are critical to Renesas' Semiconductor. They interface directly with the engineering team to find unique and novel test solutions for our innovative products. Test engineers play a critical role in working with the applications team to shape the final device datasheet through characterization and product evaluation.
As a test engineer, we are involved with the entire new production introduction process from feasibility, design for test, hardware design, device debug, temperature characterization and long-term support of offshore production. It is our job to ensure that each device shipped meets the Renesas high quality standards. As test engineers we work constantly to identify areas to maximize efficiency, yield, and test cost reduction.
Experience in Position:
- 5+ to 12+ years; Typ. depending on degree.
Degree & Education:
- BSEE or greater or Professional equivalent. Programming in C++, VBA, Other.
Complexity & Problem Solving:
- Work on problems of significant and unique challenges/issues with no guidance and full accountability.
Collaboration & Interaction:
- Keep and maintain stable work relationships for exchanging information with colleagues and leadership.
Knowledge & Application:
- Use of tools such as O’Scope, DMM, Spectrum Analyzer, Other.
- Experience in testing and data collection.
- ATE platform hardware architecture and setup.
- ATE programming environment and programming.
- IC device functionality and testing.
- Use of test inputs to guide test developments.
- Complete tasks as scheduled and assigned.
- Use database and data tools to support job function.
- Management references, peer references, examples of professional accomplishments
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.