Functional Safety Engineer for Analog/RF device
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
［Background of Recruitment］
We are looking for expert who can lead our functional safety activities, which are the key for success in business growth
for automotive analog and connectivity products as new product introduction for our exciting journey towards aspired
target as doubled growth in 2030 topline.
You will lead Functional Safety activity for analog/RF domain in the semiconductor devices for ADAS/Autonomous
driving products such as Radar MMIC.
1. Plan and execution of safety plan
2. Design of safety concept and verification by safety analysis
3. Development of safety case, and tracking of safety relevant deliverables
4. Design, verification and validation of functional safety aspects by utilizing quality management tools,
such as D-FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, etc.
5. Communication with functional safety assessor for driving confirmation reviews, functional safety audits and
assessments by communicating with functional safety assessors
6. Proposal for an improvement in safety culture in teams and organization, if necessary to trigger escalation
to higher level
7. Customer communication on demand basis regarding required items and process listed above.
［Required Skills and Work Experience］
- MS in Electrical Engineering & 3+ years of Industry experience or BS in Electrical Engineering & 5+ years of Industry experience
- 3+ Years of experience in H/W or system development based on ISO26262 and IATF16949.
- 3+ Years of experience in Tools for quality control and analysis, such as D-FMEA, FMEDA, FTA etc.
- 5+ years of experience in design, verification or validation of analog or mixed signal products for automotive applications
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to own issues and drive resolution.
- Excellent communication skills
- Required skills and experiences
・Deep understanding of ISO26262 requirement
・Ability to comprehend requirement specifications of mixed signal products including RF devices
・Basic understanding of entire development flow of analog or RF or mixed signal product
・Experience in communication with internal and external stakeholders including customers and subcontractors for the projects
- Experience of functional safety manager
- Project management skill
- Design or validation experience of RF product including Radar MMIC
- Experience of multiple project management for multiple site and regions
［Required Language Skills］
［English］Can have daily conversation (TOEIC 600)