Sr Staff Strategic Account Manager
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Purpose & Dimensions:
Establish and manage worldwide account team (direct local reports, dotted line global reports) and work with cross functional resources to achieve design in and revenue goals with the entire Renesas portfolio.
Direct sales activities at the account with two objectives. 1. Support and cultivate business in established areas of engagement. 2. Develop strategies to develop/hunt for new areas of engagement within the strategic account.
Lead day-to-day operations of the strategic account team in line with the company’s strategic goals and sales objectives
Establish a strategic sales plan to drive revenue growth. Establish regular team meetings to ensure global team is driving towards strategic account plan goals.
- Lead a worldwide account team to generate new design ins and revenue
- Drive “hunter” mentality within sales team to find new business opportunities in areas of the customer’s business where we are not engaged.
- Coordinate sales activities with all other departments/divisions of the Company, including collaboration and support of the fulfillment channel (distributors and contract manufacturers) involved in supply to the strategic account.
- Achieve objectives for profitable revenue growth and design ins, and other objectives as determined by sales leadership
- Formulate and execute a strategic account sales plan based on the entire Renesas product line to achieve broad account penetration in alignment with product roadmaps. Plan should include an annual operating plan based on projected market conditions, customer status opportunity status, and product availability.
- Work closely with the Product Lines to identify and assess new opportunities for new product development.
- Establish and maintain personal contact with key customer decision makers to provide effective information flow to and from executive management
- Enable executive relationship building between Renesas and customer executives
- Provide timely communication of business activity, forecasts, and opportunity status
- Maintain accurate data in CRM including opportunity information and up to date demand forecast
- Work closely with product lines and drive strategy and response to customer program RFQs and price negotiations
- Establish and run regularly scheduled worldwide account team meetings and drive worldwide team selling approach
Key Performance Measures:
- Design ins, design wins
- New business opportunity discovery
- Deliver revenue and profitability growth in line with the company’s goals - Key customer penetration and relationship quality
- Accuracy and achievement of annual sales forecast
- Retention and development of key staff
- Worldwide team work of account team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years in a sales or applications role selling complex semiconductors
- Proven experience finding and closing complex semiconductor business opportunities
- Prior experience managing large strategic accounts
- Hunter Mentality to find and close new business opportunities in new areas within the account and extend contacts beyond known customer contacts is essential
- Experience in managing a team
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees across a worldwide team to achieve objectives and work together like a team
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
BS Electrical Engineering or similar
Renesas executive staff and global sales team
Purchasing, engineering, key management and executives at customer
Renesas global FAE team
Renesas engineering team and leaders
Renesas operations team
Distribution and channel partner senior management
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.